Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2013-02-04
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 5 10:16:35 UTC 2013
Technical Board meeting, 2013-02-04
= Attendees =
* Colin Watson (chair)
* Kees Cook
* Martin Pitt
* Stéphane Graber
* Scott Kitterman
* Scott Moser
* Steve Langasek
= Apologies =
* Soren Hansen
= Notes =
* MAAS SRU (Andres Rodriguez, represented by Scott Moser)
* Initial request from Andres:
* The board generally endorses Steve's reply in
and authorises a waiver of the SRU policy for the maas package and
(if required) for the addition of the python-tx-tftp package to
* Colin took an action to clarify the SRU documentation in light of
Steve's comments on bundling.
* There remain three python-django changes, two of which have been
bounced up to the board by the SRU team. For these, the primary
consideration is avoiding a risk of regressions for other Django
users. The changes are targeted rather than a wholesale version
backport, which is good and makes this amenable to detailed review.
* At an initial review during the meeting, GenericIPAddressField
appears as though it could be handled in MAAS, while the prefetch
changes do seem to need to live in Django itself. However, there
needs to be a clear plan for regression-testing *outside* the
context of MAAS.
* The board is generally willing to authorise a waiver for the SRU
policy of no-new-features for these python-django changes,
conditional on code review and non-MAAS regression testing. If any
of the changes can reasonably be handled within MAAS instead, then
they should be, since that would involve the least total risk to
* The board delegates Steve Langasek to perform additional code review
for the SRU team.
* Next meeting is 2013-02-18.
Colin Watson [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 892 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce