Clearing the queues

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 28 16:32:50 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I'd like to lobby for a change on how we look at code reviews. The
introduction of the patch pilots was great and again I'd like to thank
the Bazaar team for planting the seeds for this. We have reviewers in
#ubuntu-devel who can take questions from contributors and we are more
active in terms of guiding fixes to being ready to land.

Still we can't seem to get the queue under control. We are up at 91
requests right now. For the remainder of the week and next one I want us
to get down to 0. How we are going to do this? By all helping out. If
you work for Canonical or not, if you have upload rights for a specific
package or not, please help out. There are so many requests in the queue
which can be easily dealt with and everyone with upload rights should
know, how to reject a request or help forward it upstream if that's more
appropriate. You all know how to find somebody who can help make a final
decision on a request.

Of course some of you might wonder "Why should I care?". It's simple:
others did code reviews for you too. You all understand that code
reviews are the primary way how we teach about conventions, how we build
our web of trust and get new contributors to help out with Ubuntu more
actively. Try to see every minute you spend on sponsoring as an action
which multiplies. Even in cases where it doesn't do achieve that, you
make the world a better place.

I'd love to hear opinions and ideas to improve things, but I'd love us
to get down to 0 and have alarm bells going off whenever we cross a
threshold of 25. We can do this, if everybody helps.

  http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviews

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to