Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2012-03-05

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 19 19:25:16 UTC 2012

Technical Board meeting, 2012-03-05

= Attendees =

 * Colin Watson (chair)
 * Matt Zimmerman
 * Soren Hansen
 * Stéphane Graber

= Notes =

 * Ubuntu Studio LTS Plan Proposal
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2012-February/001214.html
  * We asked for more detail on various points, especially active
    developers and security support, and agreed to follow up by mail.

 * Opening backports pre-release (redux)
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2012-March/001224.html
  * We agreed that Evan's desired clarification was in line with what
    the board had originally intended anyway, and thus did not need
    further authorisation.

 * AOB
  * There was some follow-up discussion regarding who should be
    responsible for fixing issues with backports uploads carried over to
    the subsequent development release.  Various people suggested
    various targets, but there seemed to be an informal consensus that
    uploading a pre-release backport should constitute a promise to deal
    with the upload to the development release once it opens.
  * Soren agreed to send mail regarding meeting time changes.

 * Next meeting is 2012-03-19.