Quantal Alpha 3 milestone release preparation
kate.stewart at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 24 00:34:24 UTC 2012
We'll be starting to spin the images for Quantal Alpha 3 tonight.
We'll be continuing with the processes we used in Alpha 2, since they
seem to work fairly well, until the tooling is deployable.
For this milestone following rules will apply:
- If a package is needed to fix a bug that would block the
milestone, it should still be uploaded to quantal.
- If a package does not touch any of the images,
it can still be uploaded to quantal.
- All other uploads should be done to quantal-proposed first.
In particular, an upload that will increase the count of
uninstallable packages in main, even temporarily, MUST be
done to quantal-proposed instead of to quantal.
Affected uploads include:
- all shared library packages (due to multiarch)
- any uploads that will leave packages uninstallable on
one architecture while the autobuilders catch up
(due to out-of-sync Arch: all / Arch: any binary packages)
- any packages that introduce new versioned Conflicts/Breaks
and require coordination between multiple source packages
If you have any questions about where you should upload, please ask on
Technical Overview information for Alpha 3 can be added to the WIKI
page at: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/TechnicalOverview/Alpha3
Thank you for your help getting Alpha 3 ready to ship.
on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team.
More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce