Automated Testing Hackfest, 13 Dec 2012

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 10 15:35:50 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

A great way to contribute to Ubuntu is to ensure its functionality
always works. What’s even better is that our infrastructure allows us to
write tests once and continuously test if the tests still all pass, so
whenever a package is updated or changed, we run the tests and can see
if the functionality we rely on is still there and working perfectly.

This puts us into a situation where we all can contribute tests once and
can basically monitor forever if the code still works. Personally I
believe this to be one of the most efficient contributions you can make
to Ubuntu (and to Open Source in general).

We want more people to use Open Source software and we all want more
quality. We don’t want regressions, we don’t want subtle bugs which
nobody ever got around to test. We don’t want anyone (least of all less
technical people) to be surprised by bugs.

I hope you are excited about these possibilities as much as I am. If you
are, I’d like to invite you to our Automated Testing Hackfest on
Thursday, 13th December 2012. Many experts around Automated Testing are
going to be hanging out in #ubuntu-quality, there are going to be demos,
a lot of talk about automated testing infrastructure and tools and of
course a lot of live-hacking!

	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/Hackfest

Be sure to join us in #ubuntu-quality on irc.freenode.net and check out
the Automated Testing Hackfest page for some more info!

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging And
follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to