Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2009-09-22

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 22 16:29:29 BST 2009


= Attendees =

Kees Cook (chair)
Martin Pitt
Scott James Remnant
Colin Watson

= Notes =

(copied from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/09/September)

  * reviewed actions from last meeting
   * ACTION: Keybuk to find Bdale at LinuxCon to hash out participation

  * Removal of sun-java6
   * Based on feedback all around, it was agreed that it is still early
     for sun-java6 to be dropped.  However, it was not yet clear if
     responsibility for the package should be changed.
   * ACTION: kees to drive sun-java6 email thread and get resolution on
     responsibility

  * Developer Membership Board
   * Striking the right balance between openness and privacy combined with
     the desire to not change existing processes too radically continues
     to be a non-trivial issue.
   * ACTION: cjwatson to drive DMB email thread to conclusion

  * Discuss UnitsPolicy
   * Excepting some clarifications to the language surrounding file sizes,
     the Policy is nearly ready.
   * ACTION: Keybuk to finalize unit policy and email to TB for vote

  * Community Bugs (none)

  * Archive reorganisation (Colin Watson)
   * There was general agreement that team admins have been delegated the
     responsibility to grant upload privileges, but that how they choose
     developers is not entirely clear.
   * Daniel expressed a concern that team admins should follow a standard
     transparent process when dealing with applicants.
   * Scott proposed having it split into "application" (standard) and
     "approval" (up to the admin)
   * Martin proposed that the TB would approve a set of possible
     application processes an admin could choose from.
   * ACTION: cjwatson to drive vote on Archive Reorg rights for
     ubuntu-desktop and mythbuntu in email

  * Select a chair for next meeting (pitti)


-- 
Kees Cook
Ubuntu Security Team



More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list