Sponsored security upload process update

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Mon Dec 14 18:21:48 GMT 2009

Hi!

At UDS Lucid we discussed[1] ways to improve the sponsorship of security
updates, particularly for community supported packages. As a result, we
have changed our process to work like other similar processes and
integrate into the SRU process for certain updates. The changes are:

 * A new team has been created (ubuntu-security-sponsors) to review
   community contributed security updates
 * ubuntu-security and motu-swat are members of ubuntu-security-sponsors
 * The SecurityTeam/UpdatePreparation page has been updated for the
   changes
 * SponsorshipProcess has been updated to include our new process
 * The process for sponsoring large updates has been formalized, and
   utilizes the verification procedures of SRU
 * SecurityTeam/SponsorsQueue has been created (based on MOTU's) for
   the process of handling the security sponsorship queue

If you have any questions regarding the new process, don't hesitate to
ask. Hopefully these changes will make it easier for people to
contribute security updates, make our team a little more transparent,
and ultimately better integrate our teams.

Thanks!

Jamie

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/security-lucid-sponsorship-review

--