Jaunty open for development

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 4 21:05:01 GMT 2008

Hello world,

Following a brief period while we got the toolchain into shape, the
Jaunty Jackalope is now open for general development. Please remember to
wear your seat-belt, and remember that bugs in the rear-view mirror may
be closer than they appear. Automatic syncs from Debian will begin
shortly.

The release schedule for Jaunty is available at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule. To summarise the next few
months, we expect to be able to produce the first milestone in
mid-November, to cease automatic syncs from Debian towards the end of
December or early January (this date is still uncertain, as it's proving
difficult to wedge in around UDS and Christmas), and to enter feature
freeze in mid-February.

We do not recommend that users upgrade to Jaunty at this time; it is
likely to be in very considerable flux until the initial round of merges
is complete. As ever, any developers wishing to take the plunge at this
early stage should ensure that they are comfortable with recovering from
anything up to complete system failure.

Good luck!