Standing down from the technical board

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Mar 25 13:09:23 GMT 2008

Hi there,

As most of you probably know, I've been the community representative on
the Ubuntu technical board since 2005. During that time I've seen Ubuntu
grow in ways I could never have imagined, and I'm proud to have been a
part of the technical process that helped make this happen.

However, as some of you possibly know, I've recently agreed to take a
position with Red Hat. While I don't see this as being incompatible with
being part of the Ubuntu community (and I certainly don't want to set a
precedent!), this is likely to reduce the amount of time I have to be
involved in Ubuntu. Without being an active member of the Ubuntu
community, it's difficult for me to claim to represent it - and so, as a
result, I will be standing down from the technical board in order to
allow the election of a new community member.

Thanks again to everyone for having made the Ubuntu community such a
wonderful place to work!
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org