Debian import freeze coming soon

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 19 00:01:36 BST 2008

The DebianImportFreeze for Intrepid is a week away, on 26 June:

  http://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule

At this point, automatic syncs of packages from Debian will cease,
although it will still be possible to request them without the need for
approval from the release team. Perhaps more significantly, all packages
should have been merged from Debian at least once by this time. After 26
June, merging a package from Debian that hasn't been merged since Hardy
will require a freeze exception, so please try to get all your remaining
merges for Intrepid done by that point so that we have less paperwork to
do!

  http://merges.ubuntu.com/

If you need help getting a merge done in time, feel free to contact the
Ubuntu Release Team on the #ubuntu-release IRC channel on
irc.freenode.net, and we'll do what we can to help distribute this work.

Thanks,