new Ubuntu QA team

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 14 21:11:41 BST 2008

I'm pleased to announce that a community-driven Ubuntu QA team has
formally been created [0] and is rocking already! I'll keep this
short, but the basic team description/purpose is:

The Ubuntu QA team is focused on developing tools, policies, and
practices for ensuring Ubuntu's quality as a distribution as well as
providing general advice, oversight, and leadership of QA activities
within the Ubuntu project. [1]

We are broadly looking at enhancing the awareness and contribution to
QA around Ubuntu as well as helping people interested in serious QA
work find a common, collaborative, and open environment. I've put more
details on my blog announcement [2] and the team wiki page [1] so
please have a quick look over the details. We are looking to have a
very diverse team and welcome people to contribute/join.

-Jordan Mantha (on behalf of the Ubuntu QA team)

[0] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-qa
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/
[2] http://laserjock.wordpress.com/2008/07/14/the-new-and-improved-ubuntu-qa/