Intrepid Alpha 2 delayed to tomorrow

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 11 08:47:24 BST 2008

Dear developers,

Since ISO testing for Intrepid Alpha 2 has been progressing slower than
usual (perhaps testing ISOs for three weeks in a row is a bit tiring :),
and usable desktop ISOs have been delivered late, we don't yet have a
confirmed-good set of ISO images that we can release as an alpha.

As a result, Intrepid Alpha 2 is not being released on Thursday (in your
time zone or mine!); we are instead aiming for a release on Friday once the
images have been validated.

If you'd like to help us complete this image testing to get Alpha 2 out the
door, please coordinate with the fine folks in the #ubuntu-testing channel.
Otherwise, we ask that you please hold off potentially CD-disrupting uploads
for another day as part of the soft freeze.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
On behalf of the Ubuntu release team