Archive frozen for preparation of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 10 18:07:49 BST 2008

We are now one week out from the 8.04 LTS release candidate and two weeks
from the final release, so the archive is now frozen and will not thaw again
before release.

During the freeze, all uploads to main must be approved by a member of the
release team, so if you have fixes that are important to get in and will
need discussion, please do get in touch as soon as possible.  Uploads to
main should at this point focus on release-critical bugs only.

Uploads to universe should follow the guidelines described here:

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2008-April/025259.html

The list of release-critical bugs that we want to still try to resolve
before the release candidate on April 17 is tracked here:

  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-8.04

Additional bugs that are still considered "targets of opportunity" for the
release are found at:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+bugs

If you have bugs which you believe should be listed there but aren't yet,
please get in touch with me or another member of the release team.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek
On behalf of the Ubuntu release team