Hardy Heron open for uploads

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 24 08:58:19 BST 2007

The doors are now open for uploads to Hardy Heron, the next in the Ubuntu
line of releases, due for release in the first half of 2008.  We are ready
and waiting for your contributions to what is certain to be our best release
yet!

In particular, help is needed to merge the many new versions of Debian
packages waiting at <http://merges.ubuntu.com/>.  As the graph at [1] shows,
the number of packages in need of a merge has been climbing steadily over
the past couple of months while Gutsy was frozen, so it's time to work on
bringing this number back down again for Hardy.

Naturally this means that Hardy will be a bit bumpy for a while as the many
new changes take time to settle.  In the event of a cabin depressurization,
please remember to secure your own mask first before assisting other
passengers.  Otherwise, enjoy the ride towards Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, and thanks
for flying with the Hardy Heron!

[1] http://merges.ubuntu.com/main-trend.png