Hug Day - 5 December 2007

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 30 21:17:48 GMT 2007

I'm happy to announce our next Hug Day on Wednesday, December 5th.  We
will be targeting bugs that do not have a package assigned to them.
We can help easily help these bug reports through the triaging process
by assigning to them a package.  For help in determining what package to
assign the bug to please take a look at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage

Even better than just assigning a package would be gathering more
information from the original reporter if it is necessary. A list of
package and subsystem debugging procedures can be found at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures

This event will be held in #ubuntu-bugs and the list of targeted bugs
has been posted at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20071205

So feel free to get started early!  Our goal is to deal with all of the
bugs in that list.  Additionally, we have added a graph to the bottom of
the wiki page so we can track our progress.

So on 5 December 2007, in all timezones, we'll be meeting in
#ubuntu-bugs on irc.freenode.net for another Ubuntu Hug Day.

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay

While you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

If you're interested in helping, please stop by.  And feel free to ask
bdmurray, pedro, ogasawara, heno and the rest of the team for ways to
help out.  We hope to see you there and your name on the list of bug
triagers!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com