Tribe 4 freeze ahead

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 3 16:23:25 BST 2007

Buenos dias Ubunteros!

Another alpha release is due next Thursday, to present the recent
advancements to the world: new Gnome 2.19.6, ConsoleKit and
fast-user-switch-applet, tracker by default, KDE 4 beta 1, and more.

We are about to freeze main by Tuesday.  Please get in touch with a
member of the release team if you have changes you need to get into
this milestone and which are not in the archive already. In
particular, if you have important outstanding merges to do, please do
them now.

Please also help reducing package inconsistencies, as listed on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackageInconsistencies.

We still have some 40 (!) outstanding bugs for tribe-4. I will clean
up and postpone some of them, but some of them are dragged since
Tribe-1 already. Depending on your taste you should use one of

  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/tribe-4
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.milestone:Alist=471

for getting an overview about them. Please take some time to fix your
assigned bugs. Also, please watch out for critical bugs that you
feel should block the tribe release, and milestone them for tribe-4.
If in doubt, please err on the safe side and set the milestone, so
that the release team can review it.  Please also look from time to
time to see if there are any bugs there which could use your help.

If you have any particular question about bugs, please contact us in
#ubuntu-devel.

Thank you, and let's get hacking!

Martin Pitt
on behalf of the Ubuntu release team