Seed archives converted to new bzr "knit" format

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu May 18 12:14:21 BST 2006

[If you do not know what the seeds are, or if you have never used bzr,
you can safely ignore this message.]

I've upgraded the seeds branches on chinstrap and rookery to use bzr
0.8's new "knit" branch format, which promises significant performance
improvements. To work with these branches, you must have bzr 0.8
installed. This has been in Dapper for a while, so I expect that most
developers should have it available; failing that, you can log into
chinstrap and make a local branch of the seeds in your home directory
there.

I would like to draw your attention to the following paragraph which
I've added to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SeedManagement:

  If you have an older branch (whether locally-modified or not) of any
  of the seeds made before 2006-05-18 or with a version of bzr earlier
  than 0.8, then please upgrade to bzr 0.8 and run 'bzr upgrade' in that
  branch, to convert to the newer "knit" branch format. If you do not do
  this, then, while everything should still work, pulling and pushing
  will be very slow.

Thanks,