Media testing!

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 18:07:56 GMT 2006

Hello everybody,

we all love movies and we all want to make Dapper work as nicely as
possible.

As some of you might have noticed, in Dapper packages with funny names
like gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad, gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly and
gstreamer0.10-plugins-good recently turned up. With gstreamer 0.10 we
got the shiniest and nicest media framework in.

What we need it testing and feedback from everybody: do your movies work
as their supposed to? Just try totem-gstreamer and the
totem-gstreamer-firefox-plugin and see how they cope with your movies
(or http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/media/) if you need test material.

The more detailed the bug reports, the better.
http://launchpad.net/malone is waiting for you.

If you want to compare the default installation (with
gstreamer-plugins-good0.10) to something, try totem with libxine-main1
only.

Please note:
      * Please don't post your experiences to the mailing lists. If you
        face any trouble, file a bug report.
      * This is a call for testing of totem-gstreamer - we'd rather not
        like to work our way through feature comparisons with vlc,
        mplayer et all.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day and happy movie testing,
 the Desktop Team