Package sync processing restored

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 5 21:21:45 BST 2006

After migrating the package archive to Launchpad, some additional time was
required to port the various administrative tools which had been developed
for maintaining the archive.  Among these was the tool used to "sync"
identical copies of packages from external repositories, including Debian,
into Ubuntu.

This porting work has now been completed, and we are once again in a
position to accept requests for such syncs.  We will also be using a new
method for tracking these requests which should be more transparent and less
error-prone.  If you have any outstanding sync requests, please register
them according to the newly-revised instructions here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResources#syncs

Please use this process rather than uploading 'fake syncs' which involve
trivially modifying the package and re-uploading it to Ubuntu.

Once again, if you have any outstanding sync requests, you should resubmit
them to the new system.  We apologize for this inconvenience.

Cheers,

--
 - mdz