Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 23 17:57:02 CST 2005

Hello Desktop Lovers!

The Ubuntu Desktop Team [1] exists for around two months now. And since
then quite a lot of things have happened.

      * We have quite a lot of GNOME/Ubuntu people in #ubuntu-desktop,
        who eagerly discuss the future (ok, and problems) of Ubuntu's
        Desktop.
      * During the Ubuntu Bug Days, we always managed to get more
        overview over our bugs.
      * A lot of people joined [2] and [3].
      * We brought structure in our wiki pages.

[1] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam
[2] ubuntu-desktop at lists.ubuntu.com
[3] desktop-bugs at lists.ubuntu.com

However, we as a team, feel we need to define ourselves more clearly and
distinguish our goals from others. People expect from the desktop team
to:
      * achieve more usability,
      * add new software,
      * change the way software behaves,
      * have fun in a cool team,
      * get Desktop specs done,
      * and possibly quite a lot of other things.

In this stage of the release cycle, we feel, it's the best time, to
organize ourselves and plan, what we have ahead of us. On [4] we have a
preliminary list of things we want to discuss, so if you see something,
we could discuss in general, feel free to add it there.

[4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/MeetingIdeas

Dapper needs you! Stop thinking, that "Desktop is just Seb's realm"! :-)

So if you want to get involved in making the Ubuntu Desktop better, make
sure to be in #ubuntu-meeting at Friday (November, 25th) at 16:00 UTC -
thank you! :-)

Have a nice day,
 The Desktop Team