[Merge] ~azzar1/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot:ubuntu/master into ~ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot:ubuntu/master

Andrea Azzarone andrea.azzarone at canonical.com
Tue Sep 11 14:34:04 UTC 2018

> Why the save dialog was dropped? For a control center message ? Please see the
> discussion in the bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
> screenshot/+bug/927952

The save dialog was not dropped in unity. I tried to re-introduce it in gnome-shell but there are several issues:
- the strings in gnome-control-center
- in a gnome-shell session, when pressing "Print" the one taking the screenshot is gnome-settings-daemon using DIRECTLY the gnome-shell API. gnome-screenshot is not used anymore. This is has to be fixed in gnome-shell and/or in gnome-settings-daemon. I'm afraid it's too late for this cycle.

> We need headerbar patch in Unity. Without it the save window simply loses
> focus (another bug).

We no loger support Unity. Feel free to propose it and I'll be happy to review it.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~azzar1/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot/+git/gnome-screenshot/+merge/354557
Your team Ubuntu Desktop is requested to review the proposed merge of ~azzar1/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot:ubuntu/master into ~ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screenshot:ubuntu/master.