[Merge] ~3v1n0/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings:master into ~ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings:master

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) mail at 3v1n0.net
Mon Aug 20 17:58:20 UTC 2018

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) has proposed merging ~3v1n0/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings:master into ~ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings:master.

Requested reviews:
  Ubuntu Desktop (ubuntu-desktop)
Related bugs:
  Bug #1787999 in ubuntu-settings (Ubuntu): "Yaru themes are not used in gdm by default"
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings/+bug/1787999

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~3v1n0/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings/+git/ubuntu-settings/+merge/353442

Reverted meson workaround, as it's fixed in https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/3365 (please publish it)

Using Yaru and other ubuntu-theming settings in GDM by default.
The way we do is not ideal though as we override GNOME-Greeter mode, although I've already discussed with upstream (see below) a way to have us to be able to define in a file the session name so that it will be Ubuntu-Greeter:ubuntu even for pure gdm session, so we could then just change settings there and use a an alternative for those who want to use a vanilla gnome's GDM.

---

19:28:50 <halfline> hmm this might actually not be as invasive as i feared..skimming a bit, i think it's basically just changing the gdm_session_select_program call to gdm_session_select_session and installing the xsession files
19:29:26 <halfline> i mean then there's a whole bunch of if (self->priv->selected_program != NULL) code that doesn't get run anymore and can get deleted i suppose
19:30:46 <halfline> but yea it might actually just be 1) merge that merge request 2) install the xsession/wayland-session files 3) change selcet_program to select_session 4) change create_gnome_session_environment to take a session name instead of build a session command by hand
19:31:16 <halfline> i would try it right now but i'm busy hacking away in a VM on something else
--
Your team Ubuntu Desktop is requested to review the proposed merge of ~3v1n0/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings:master into ~ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-settings:master.