Some extra topics for this week's meeting

Khurshid Alam khurshid.alam at linuxmail.org
Tue Oct 31 07:16:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 7:35 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 2. What to do with all the headerbar patches?
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1719322
>   a. We could drop the ones that haven't been pushed upstream (to
> GNOME)
>   b. We could keep them but set them to only apply against Unity

For (b), I have updated the current patches to only apply against Unity
on the bug report.

But if you go with (a), I propose either (1) or (2)

1) Use gtk-shell-show-appmenu=true for Unity session.

This can be done using
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides
'@a{sv} {"Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu": <int32 0>}'

2) Make unity-session depends on gtk3-nocsd
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk3-nocsd

Thanks.