Some extra topics for this week's meeting

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 6 01:53:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 1. I uploaded fontconfig 2.12.6. One particular diff from Debian is
> that we delayed moving the font config templates from
> /etc/fonts/conf.avail/ to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail. We've been
> putting this off for years.
>
> I guess this could problems for any users who had symlinked a font
> config from the old directory to /etc/fonts/conf.d/ as is standard
> practice.

After the meeting, I discussed this more with Laney. It seems like it
would be possible to check for and rewrite symlinks as part of the
fontconfig maintainer scripts. This wasn't done in Debian and I'm not
working on it right now. But somebody could do it sometime. Meanwhile,
it doesn't seem like it's causing a problem to keep using the old
directory.

The other two discussion topics at the meeting weren't resolved either
so we'll continue discussion on the list. I think it makes sense to
split them into separate topics so I'll start new threads for them.

Thanks,
Jeremy