Experience on switching to GNOME Shell

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Thu May 18 01:57:29 UTC 2017

On 17 May 2017 at 23:28, Robert Ancell <robert.ancell at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using GNOME Shell for about a month now and I've had open a Google
> Doc that I've been using to list down the things that I would like to see
> resolved by 18.04 to ship a great experience.
>
> Now I have a bit of a list, I'm wondering what the most productive way is to
> use this. I'm hesitant to just post it here, because that will likely end up
> in a big bikeshedding [1]  session... Does anyone else have such a list;
> should we look for a method to combine them?
>
> I know there's a survey in progress for GNOME Shell extensions [1] and
> someone mentioned a papercut project would be a good idea (can't find a
> link). We can make a Trello board too. Any other ideas?

I do too have a google doc with things I am afraid to share. I only
switched my non-main laptop to gnome shell.

I have no idea how to curate it. Ideally, I would like to share it
with the Ubuntu Gnome Desktop team privately such that this lot could
quickly veto things, and then only publish publically non straight out
of the bat vetoed things.
Because I think it would be much better if the second pair of eyes
skims through the list of issues I have, and quickly censors obvious
land mines.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.