Default App: xdiagnose

Bryan Quigley bryan.quigley at canonical.com
Fri Jun 9 05:17:13 UTC 2017

Where does this code actually live?  The LP project hasn't got a
commit since 2014, but the package has been updated since then...

View Errors - prints out logs to stdout?, not the graphical window
(might be related to me uninstalling syslog?)

The other options seem to mostly be about changing the kernel command
line...  (and in my tests it got stuck keeping plymouth:debug=1*).
Having a more user friendly way to modify the kernel command line
certainly could be helpful, but I'm not sure how relevant some of
those options are anymore.. (disabling PAT?)..

Report an Xorg bug has no context around it at all... and cancelling
the report will freeze both apport and xdiagnose indefinitely.

>From what I can see, I'd definitely push to remove it...

Thanks,
Bryan

*Somehow my kernel command line ended up as: splash plymouth:debug=1=1
plymouth:debug quiet