Weekly newsletter 2nd June 2017

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 6 17:51:53 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 06:08:44PM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> = GNOME =
>
> The desktop seeds are now updated
>
>   http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/ubuntu.artful/revision/2531
>
> This means that GNOME Shell is now the default desktop environment and this
> will filter down into the daily ISOs, for now though there are still some
> dependency chains to fix.
>
> We are aware of a bug in the daily ISOs which is causing GNOME Shell to
> fail to start. It is recommended that you hold off testing until this is
> fixed. We will send a separate followup when this is done.
>
>   https://launchpad.net/bugs/1695212

That one is fixed now, thanks to Robert Ancell. So the default
environment is switched from Unity to GNOME Shell.

All being well (a couple more uploads need to move into the release),
tomorrow's image & upgrades should put you in and install Shell.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]