Default App: old or new shell for gnome-control-center?

Khurshid Alam khurshid.alam at linuxmail.org
Sat Aug 12 06:52:16 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 3:15 AM, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com>
wrote:
> Speaking of which do you know if upstream is keeping a list of
> issues/regressions/missing features (is there any?)

 From new gnome-control-center (network-panel):

1) "All users may connect to this network" has been renamed to "make
available to other users" but for me it's not working for any other
display manager except gdm. Even it is checked, lightdm can't connect
to network at login-screen.

2) "Automatically connect-to vpn when using this wifi" is also missing,
I don't know how to do than in new panel.

3) The old proxy settings of wifi has been moved to somewhere else. (it
my be happened before 3.24, I didn't notice).....Does this mean I can't
set proxies per connection? Though, proxies applied system-wide are
working

4) At the moment,  many tabs appear disabled for me...so can't really
tell if above issues are bugs or regressions.

Thanks.