GNOME Printer setup tool

Olivier Tilloy olivier.tilloy at canonical.com
Sun Apr 30 09:35:13 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Till Kamppeter
<till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have switched from Yakkety to Zesty right after the release and this
> replaced my very stable Unity 7 by Unity 8. After the second crash of my
> desktop (required a system reboot) I switched over to GNOME.

Do you mean that the unity7 entry disappeared from the login options,
or that the default changed to unity8? Either way, that sounds like a
bug, unity8 was never meant to become default or replace unity7
altogether in zesty.

> To do so I installed "gnome-session", then logged out, clicked on the Ubuntu
> logo near the user name, and selected GNOME and logged in again, getting
> rewarded with a shiny GNOME desktop.
>
> Note that "GNOME with Wayland" does not work for me. I simply get a black
> screen (I have a 2nd-gen Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, Intel GPU).

Try removing unity8-desktop-session. That did the trick for me.