Nautilus 3.24 and dropping type-ahead search, adding tracker

Marco Trevisan marco.trevisan at canonical.com
Fri Apr 21 07:07:58 UTC 2017

Il 20/04/2017 22:11, Jeremy Bicha ha scritto:
> 1. The Activities Overview support Search Providers which are perhaps
> a bit like Unity Scopes. Without tracker, the nautilus search provider
> won't work so you won't be able to search your files from the
> Activities Overview.

I guess there's no interest in supporting zeitgeist in this, right?

If so, maybe it would be worth to do some kind of migration script that
imports your recent unity activities to tracker, if possible.

But in general I wouldn't miss this feature, as it's something we
already provide (maybe not in the best way), and that it's quite useful.