Proposal: (No?) email client for Ubuntu 17.10

Marco Trevisan marco.trevisan at canonical.com
Wed Apr 19 10:10:23 UTC 2017

Il 19/04/2017 16:26, Will Cooke ha scritto:
> On 18 April 2017 at 21:07, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com
> <mailto:jbicha at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
>     If we do include an email client, which one?
>

> In my opinion we should ship a mail client by default.

I kinda agree

> How about considering Nylas mail?  https://www.nylas.com/nylas-mail/
> The free version is open source and it has an active team behind it.
>  https://github.com/nylas/nylas-mail

I've used it for a while, but then it basically needed some paid
services to run anyway, so... Not fully open eventually.

I think geary has more or less the same UI concepts, and IMHO that would
be a good basic mail client to ship: well integrated, well designed and
completely open. Not fully featured maybe, but giving the the most users
would need.

I'm not sure how it works in term of stability, though... And since I
think that next cycle will be quite dense of work to do, I guess there's
not much room to work directly on this.