Proposal: (No?) email client for Ubuntu 17.10

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 18 22:34:29 UTC 2017

On 18 April 2017 at 21:07, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> If we do include an email client, which one?

I am worried about this, especially in the enterprise environment
people do want to access corporate mail.

I am also worried as to what will be the default URL handler for
"mailto:" links.

If we decide not to ship a mail client, I do wish to something like
the "EU Windows Choose your browser" e.g. an app called "Mail" with
mailto: handler by default that would offer to install thunderbird /
evolution / claws / mutt / gnus or use browser to access gmail | yahoo
| etc. And then subsequently set the mailto: url handler appropriately
to the installed app (be it gnus, or e.g. default-webbrowser with
pushing mailto: urls to mail.ru)

--
Regards,

Dimitri.

ps. Obviously trolling about offering thunderbird as an option,
clearly, we should just default to gnus.