What exactly means "GNOME" in this context?

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos fitoschido at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:26:26 UTC 2017

> Nice fellows,
>
> I read the Mark's announcement about "Unity is dead. Long live to GNOME"
> but what exactly means "GNOME" in this context? He's idea is to use
> GNOME Shell or other window manager GNOME-based, like Budgie?

No idea. But if they're to use GNOME Shell, I sincerely hope that they
customize it heavily. I hate GNOME Shell with a passion. Unity was
actually designed professionally by talented people with experience in
usability, and even basic things like the Alt+Tab switcher offer a
miserable, rigid experience in GNOME Shell (compare with Unity's
switcher, which is more flexible and forgiving).

Adolfo