Remove gst0.10 this cycle?

Bryan Quigley gquigs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:24:42 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Debian developers have been working hard on removing gstreamer0.10 [1]
from the next Debian release.  I think it would be possible to follow
them and get it done for Xenial.

Here are my notes on the current status for Ubuntu (or just search for
tag gst0.10 [2]for bugs). I'm ignoring what needs to still be done for
Debian, one key one there is WxWidgets:

wine1.6-amd64 - should just not try building with gstreamer -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.6/+bug/1530229

cutter-testing-framework - unsure of next step due to version numbers

gcompris - Needs sync
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcompris/+bug/1538783

swac-get - unsure of next step due to version numbers

swac-play - Remove from archive? -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/swac-play/+bug/1512874

gstreamer0.10-nice -> libfarstream-0.1-0 -> telepathy-qt5?
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telepathy-qt5/+bug/1538772
3 for one (at least to drop from main)

libgstreamermm-0.10-2
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstreamermm/+bug/1512764
This should have been autoremoved?

gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gst-plugins-bad-multiverse0.10/+bug/1515096
Both Ubuntu and Xubuntu restricted extras depends on gst0.10 which
doesn't make any sense.

rhythmbox-radio-browser - Remove from archive
-https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox-radio-browser/+bug/1512863

gm-notify - just found, not sure yet.

Thoughts on trying to remove gstreamer0.10 all for Xenial?

Thanks!
Bryan

[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/gstreamer0.10-rm.html
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=gst0.10