GNOME Software in 16.04 LTS
robert.ancell at canonical.com
Fri Jan 15 08:16:47 UTC 2016
As you may be aware, we're currently looking at switching from Ubuntu
Software Center to GNOME Software for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS .
If you're interested in playing around / helping out:
- I've set up a ppa:ubuntu-desktop/gnome-software  for which currently
holds PackageKit 1.0 and GNOME Software with some patches to support the
Ubuntu review server. Installing this will boot out software-center /
- We're blocked from pushing this directly to the Xenial archive  - but
we hope to have some progress on that soon.
- The GNOME software work is being done upstream in GNOME git. It should be
- Please file bugs against the gnome-software package 
- I'm still working on the Ubuntu One support for posting reviews - ideally
this would use libaccounts but that doesn't seem to be working in desktop
Ubuntu anymore. Any help here would be appreciated. Plan B is to put the
account signup UI in GNOME Software (not too hard, but would be nicer to
use the proper services).
- I've tagged some bugs on things that need working on .
- The appstream data is being worked on - I'll let Iain Lane update about
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-desktop