Call for testing: GTK 3.15.4

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 8 12:02:52 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015 17:22:35 +0000, Iain Lane wrote:
> We're thinking about having the released version of GTK3 in 15.04 be
> 3.16, which is the current in-development version to be released towards
> the end of March.
>
> This version contains lots of cool stuff
>
>   https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK+/Roadmap#line-58
>
> but the main motivation from our side is that it contains an
> implementation of overlay scrollbars that will allow us to remove our
> existing GTK module which is becoming harder and taking longer to
> maintain over time.

In general I like the idea of having 3.16 in vivid, as I already have
some packages that require it.

> Please test the versions I've just uploaded to the Ubuntu desktop PPA
>
>   ppa:ubuntu-desktop/ppa
>
> and let me know if you see any new bad behaviour not mentioned below or
> if you have any good reason we might not want to do this.

I noticed a couple of issues when testing it on GNOME Flashback session
with Metacity (all these may actually be bugs in Metacity, not new Gtk,
but they didn’t happen before):

* All non-CSD windows have a white border around the window (but not
  its top part). See the attached gnome-terminal screenshot for example.

* When using gnome-screenshot, its “flash” (white rectangle on the area
  being screenshotted) does not disappear unless gnome-screenshot process
  ends, which makes it very hard to actually use gnome-screenshot.

I will investigate both these issues later when I have time.

--
Dmitry Shachnev