ubuntu-desktop membership

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 5 08:21:16 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:19:32AM +1000, Tim wrote:
> Hi All,
>   I would like to appy for membership into ~ubuntu-desktop team. We in Ubuntu GNOME have a large overlap with the desktop packageset, and me
> having upload rights to these would be a great help to our team. I have worked closely with the -desktop team for quite a few cycles now,
> working on many of these shared packages.
>
> My Application, with endorsements is below
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimLunn/DesktopApplication

The rules

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Developers

say that you need three endorsements from existing members. You seem to
have that on your page (laney, seb128, robert_ancell) - so, welcome to
the Ubuntu Desktop Team! :)

  In [3]: ubuntu = lp.distributions['ubuntu']
  In [4]: wily = ubuntu.getSeries(name_or_version='wily')
  In [5]: darkxst = lp.people['darkxst']
  In [6]: archive = ubuntu.main_archive
  In [7]: archive.checkUpload(component="main", distroseries=wily, person=darkxst, pocket="Proposed", sourcepackagename="gnome-terminal")
  Out[7]: True

or,

  laney at nightingale> edit-acl -p darkxst -S wily query
  == All rights for darkxst ==
  Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-desktop-extra-dev: archive 'primary', package set 'desktop-extra' in wily
  Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-desktop: archive 'primary', package set 'ubuntu-desktop' in wily
  Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-gnome-dev: archive 'primary', package set 'ubuntugnome' in wily

Happy uploading!

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]