Trusty broken?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 5 14:49:08 UTC 2014

Le 05/02/2014 14:41, Adam Dingle a écrit :
> I've run the daily build of Trusty (14.04) every day for a couple of
> months now.  This morning I installed the latest updates and after I
> rebooted and logged in, I saw only the desktop background - there was
> no launcher or top panel.  So I completely reinstalled Trusty from the
> latest daily image, but alas - the result was the same.  I didn't have
> time to debug further, so I've had to drop back to Saucy for now.
>
> Has anyone else seen this, or know why this might be happening?

Hey Adam,

Sorry about those issues. There was a protobuf update uploaded
yesterday, which included an unfortunate abi change, that got fixed today:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/protobuf/2.5.0-8ubuntu1

The buggy version had a missing symbol that was leading to compiz/unity
not loading, which is probably the issue you describe. The issue is
fixed in the archive so updating should give you back a working desktop
environment.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher