"you can't catch me" notifications

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 10 17:44:00 UTC 2014

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2014, 19:35 -0700 schrieb Cameron Whiting:
> Well, if we can design it for unity8 (to behave that way), we should
> fix it for trusty.
>

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Marc Deslauriers
> <marc.deslauriers at canonical.com> wrote:
>         On 2014-12-09 09:25 PM, Cameron Whiting wrote:
>         > I mean, it's kinda sad since we're on a whole new system,
>         but if previous
>         > maintained LTS versions can get this fix too that'd be
>         great.

i think marc meant to say that notifications on the desktop will stay as
is (hopefully they do !!) even with unity8 ... on a phone you surely
want to have a way to dismiss them (swipe them away to the sides or so)
since they eat significant screen space there and you don't have a mouse
pointer to make them transparent as easily to see-trough them.

the notification behaviour is quite nice as is, i surely wouldn't want
to have to click notifications to dismiss them (they are definitely one
reason for me to prefer unity over other desktops)

ciao
	oli