WebKitGTK 2 for Trusty?

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 26 20:45:50 UTC 2013

On 26 October 2013 19:36, Adam Dingle <adam at medovina.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Adam, On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Adam Dingle <adam at medovina.org>
> wrote:
>
> As we all know, Ubuntu is staying with GNOME 3.8 for 14.04 (Trusty). Has a
> decision been made about whether Trusty will include a WebKitGTK 2.x
> package?
>
> According to http://pad.lv/1186558, we can just sync webkitgtk from Debian.
> However, http://pad.lv/1163886 needs to be fixed first.
>

> Yes - actually I've seen that bug.  So I guess I could rephrase my question
> like this: does Ubuntu plan to fix http://pad.lv/1163886 (software-center
> crashed with signal 5 with WebKit 2.0) and sync WebKitGTK 2 for Trusty,
> since that did not happen for Saucy?

With respect to bug #1163886, I have now reproduced it multiple times
using 13.10 released i386 desktop cd, in the live session running in
the VM (qemu/kvm).
Full instructions posted at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/1163886/comments/84

Rodney, do you think you'll be able to look at the above bug again?

Regards,

Dmitrijs.