Call for testing - gnome-settings-daemon 3.8

Nik Th nikth at gmx.com
Sun Aug 25 00:44:13 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim
Sent: 08/24/13 02:16 PM
To: Nik Th
Subject: Re: Call for testing - gnome-settings-daemon 3.8

"error parsing key 'switch-input-source' in schema 'org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings' as specified in override file '/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/10_gnome-settings-daemon.gschema.override': 0-14:can not parse as value of type 'as'.Ignoring override for this key.
error parsing key 'switch-input-source-backward' in schema 'org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings' as specified in override file '/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/10_gnome-settings-daemon.gschema.override': 0-21:can not parse as value of type 'as'.Ignoring override for this key.These two warnings should be fixed now.No such key 'idle-dim-time' in schema 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power' as specified in override file '/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/10_ubuntu-settings.gschema.override'; ignoring override for this key."
This is coming from ubuntu-settings package, and will need to be updated seperately.
As for the bug [1] the only improvement that I saw was that now I can set CTRL+ALT as a source switch combo and works. But the icon (on the panel) it stays as it it (no change), the keyboard layout change though. This bug really doesn't look like a gnome-setting-daemon issue.
[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1205713
Yes, as you said the two warnings fixed.
The only waring that remained was the one for "10_ubuntu-settings.gschema.override" (as you said again).

I knew that the bug probably had nothing to do with gnome-settings-daemon, just hoped .. :-)
But hey, now I can set the ALT+SHIFT keys as the combo for changing layout. Before,I couldn't. So the update maybe played its role on this.

Regards
NikTh

-- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NikTh --