Default Browser Follow-up

Nik Th nikth-ubuntulists at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:39:30 UTC 2013

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:44:58 +0100
> From: chrisccoulson at ubuntu.com
> To: ubuntu-desktop at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: Default Browser Follow-up
>
> On 14/08/13 12:37, Nik Th wrote:
> >

> > Sorry but I cannot understand why a default application is such a big
> > matter.
> >
>  If we made a poor choice of default applications, then this
> would reflect badly on Ubuntu overall.
>
> Regards
> - Chris

Agree, but here is not a matter of poor selection. Neither of two browsers are poor.
It seems to me more as a matter of Firm/Name, than "better user experience".
Imho, this issue has been discussed too much.

Also another thing, not exactly relevant to this topic.
If in the end you decide to include Chromium as the default browser (in future Ubuntu versions), please sync the pepperflashplugin-nonfree package from Debian.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pepperflashplugin-nonfree.html

---
Regards
  NikTh