Why ubuntu-desktop depends on xdiagnose and xterm

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 3 08:17:50 UTC 2013

hi
On Mi, 2013-04-03 at 15:50 +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > I don't understand. Are you saying that you expect end users who don't know what
> > a terminal is to know a terminal?
>
> I expect end users who don't know what a terminal is not to see fancy
> Apps like xterm and uxterm.

so you expect that a user that doesn't know what a terminal is to type
"terminal" into the dash and be surprised to find a terminal ?

i really don't get what this discussion is about, users not knowing
about terminals will not search for them and thus not have them shown,
users that *do* search for a terminal should get the option to use the
installed terminals (including xterm and uxterm which many of our users
like to use) through searching for them ...

ciao
	oli