Why ubuntu-desktop depends on xdiagnose and xterm

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 2 08:55:48 UTC 2013

hi,
On Di, 2013-04-02 at 16:45 +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
> OK, the reasons make sense, but do we need to advertise them as Apps?

i think xdiagnose doesnt need to be shown in any menus (though that
would be a matter of the maintainer (hey bryce !) to hop into this
discussion and comment, i dont think the .desktop file was added just
because it is shiny, there is surely a reason for it's existence)

xterm is used by many people doing development on ubuntu as a preferred
terminal over gnome-terminal, so i dont think we can or should hide it
if we don't want to put off people using ubuntu as a platform for their
development tasks.

ciao
	oli