[Desktop13.04-Topic] - Speed up USC, and fix minor stuff

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Sep 28 11:38:57 UTC 2012

On 09/27/2012 02:44 AM, Jason Warner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the call for discussion about Ubuntu desktop planning for the
> 12.10 cycle. Here's the process I'd like to use.
>
> 1. Send a call for topics from the Ubuntu desktop community (this is it)

This is my spontaneous wishlist.

  * Speed up ubuntu-software-center (especially startup). On my
reasonably new computer, it still takes several seconds to load and is
one of the slowest applications I'm using. (E g, Libreoffice is
significantly faster.)

  * Allocate resources to fixing all the small bugs every here and
there, i e, improve quality.

  * I doubt I'll ever get someone to implement this, but I'm still
missing the good old taskbar (a la Windows XP) in Unity...it was so easy
to see what applications were running and to switch between them...

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic