[Desktop13.04-Topic] - Request for Topics
jason.warner at canonical.com
Thu Sep 27 00:44:50 UTC 2012
This is the call for discussion about Ubuntu desktop planning for the
12.10 cycle. Here's the process I'd like to use.
1. Send a call for topics from the Ubuntu desktop community (this is it)
2. Have an exchange over email on the ubuntu-desktop
channel/mailing list to discuss the requirements in depth.
3. Produce a resulting UDS plan which summarizes the topics going
into UDS, and feeds into blueprints
4. Provide a final roadmap post-UDS
Here is the schedule with some details.
= Today: Request for Topics =
This email is the request for topics. Please send topics that you would
like the Ubuntu desktop team to consider for this cycle to the
**ubuntu-desktop** mailing list  with "[Desktop13.04-Topic]" in the
line. These are not specific requirements, but high-level ideas or concepts.
Though we will want hear about all of your needs, while compiling
requirements, it may be useful to keep in mind that some requirements
are easier for us to fulfil than others, e.g.
* Choice of specific versions of upstream packages or applications
* Choice of specific applications to deliver by default
* Getting packages into Universe or Main
* Writing modest glue code to enable new scenarios or to integrate
functionality from different packages
* Moving code that you already wrote or are going to write into the distro
* Integrating patches from upstream bug trackers or similar
* Enhancing projects for which we are upstream (LightDM/Unity Greeter,
Upstart, Ubiquity, etc....)
= Now through Oct 22nd - Requirements discussions held =
We will discuss topics in the ubuntu-desktop irc channel and mailing list.
The goal will be to identify and document specific requirements.
= Oct 22nd - UDS - Topics Review =
The week before UDS we will present a plan. This is essentially a review of
what topics we have planned for further discussion at UDS in the form of
= Oct 29th - Nov 1st - UDS =
= Approximately two weeks post UDS - 13.04 Plan Review =
About two weeks after UDS, we will revise the UDS 13.04 Plan to
capture what was actually decided as the plan of record at UDS, and present
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-desktop