[Destkop13.04-Topic] Bundle the Thunderbird FireTray extension by default

Chris Wilson notgary at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 27 10:50:53 UTC 2012

There's a bug report<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/930813>on
the paper cut project that says Thunderbird should simply minimize
when
closed instead of quitting, which is what it currently does. While this
proposed behaviour is contrary to what we're trying to achieve with apps
like Rhythmbox, in this case I believe it is appropriate for Thunderbird to
behave this way since it is a communication app, similar to Empathy and
Gwibber, both of which are allowed to run in the background, and are
accessed via the messaging menu.

Thunderbird should behave in the same way, and according to the comment on
the bug report, the FireTray plugin does just this.