[Desktop 13.04-Topic] Having a smart ubuntu desktop

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 18 16:44:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 18:19 +0200, Didier Roche wrote:
> That's precisely why I've written:
>
> "(we can of course imagine a checkbox to override the "smart"
> behavior)."
>
> prefiling thunderbird fields based on those (so the user doesn't have
> to type twice his email) would be awesome if we can get to it ;)

Hmm, I would have said that as "we can make it smarter" and set up local
sync as well ;-)  It isn't removing the behavior of being smart, it is
extending it to provide more routes.

If we continually encourage people to use websites instead of local apps
we decrease the stickiness of Ubuntu in general.  They might as well be
using Chrome OS.

		--Ted