Update on the new ibus-1.5 and gnome-settings-daemon gnome-control-center 3.6 situation

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:59:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/11/20/%23ubuntu-desktop.html#t14:59 until 16:30

OK, I will try to stay there since now, not to miss such discussions.

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-r-gnome-fallback
>
> I don't think work on porting the indicator patch to ibus 1.4.99 has
> really started yet. Seb was looking at it, which sparked this
> discussion.

You need to be clear for this.
If you even don't have a new design, let me try submitting a new blueprint.
The blueprint you linked is a meta one.
If you already have have a design, but no code work yet, let me try
discussing with upstream and try coding it.
I'm not trying to hijack your work.
But if you really have limited expertise on input staff as history of
IBus packages in Ubuntu already showed, you should make the process
more open to community.