Amazon links : best way to remunerate Ubuntu

John Lenton john.lenton at canonical.com
Tue Nov 6 10:56:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Xavier Guillot <Valeryan_24 at laposte.net> wrote:

> But what to do if I have many articles to buy (several books, DVD etc...). I
> do the first search in the Dash and click from it in order the referral
> given to Amazon is well the Ubuntu one, then add the article to my command,
> login to my Amazon account and :
>
> - make the following searches directly on Amazon site, add every article I
> want and then pay the total command ?
>
> - or go with the Dash again for every search and click from it, add each
> article to the basket and only pay when all articles are checked ?
>
> - or is it the same (both work for Ubuntu) ?

I have been unable to find it stated categorically from amazon whether
if you buy one item using an afiiliate codes, other items in the same
purchase contribute to the same affiliate. As I understand it it
*should*, but as I say I have yet to find that stated unambiguously.
I'm interested in knowing that too, and will ask, but that will take a
little while. In the interest of expediency, if you want to be certain
that your amazon purchase will help Ubuntu, you can either search each
item from the dash, or from the amazon web app.

Thank you for your support.